- Compliance issues related to physician compensation have been a key area of discussion in health care for a number of years.
- However, because of the substantial awards and settlements in recent Stark Law enforcement actions, compensation-focused compliance has become more than just a compliance issue: it is an enterprise risk management issue.
- This webinar will discuss strategies for ensuring physician compensation plans and compensation-focused governance processes support compliance.
Why should you attend?
Given the substantial awards and settlements in recent enforcement actions, compensation-focused compliance in provider contracting has become more than just a compliance concern: it is now considered an enterprise risk management issue. As health care organizations develop and implement provider contracts, they must manage their compliance and enterprise risk by ensuring the contracts are defensible under the applicable laws, both in substance and in technical detail.
Areas Covered in the session:
- Provide a general overview of the Stark Law.
- Explain the requirements for compliance with key regulatory exceptions.
- Discuss best practices for documenting compliance with three key tenets of defensibility (e.g., fair market value, commercial reasonableness, and not taking into an account designated health service referrals, etc.).
Who will benefit:
- Physicians and Practice Managers
- Governing Board Members, Trustees and Directors
- Health Care Executives
- In-House Counsel
- Health Care Human Resources
- Health Care CFOs
- Health Care Compliance Officers